Description: Chandler's is not only a Best of Knoxville 2008 winner for best meat and three, but it's also Knoxville's most reliable soul-food place, usually serving barbecue, fried chicken, and enough hot vegetables to brag to your mama about. At Chandler's, by the way, it's not enough to ask for “greens”; you need to be more specific, because Chandler's usually has at least two varieties. Don't let their use of the word “deli” fool you; Chandler's is a thing much rarer than a deli. It's a clean, well-kept soul-food cafeteria, and maybe the dependably best home-cooking in town. (J.N.)
- Sundays: noon to 6 p.m.
- Mondays: 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: noon to 8:30 p.m.